Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I watch them as they pick

The photographs were taken on December 31st, 2017.

We got some new snow today, making the roads slippery because there is ice under the snow. When riding the bicycle one has to take care because the ice bumps and ridges are not visible through the snow.

I have been rather happy with the footwear: Specialized Elite TR shoes and GripGrab RaceThermo overshoes. The shoes which I bought last summer are size 48, one size larger than my old shoes, and when I let the straps a bit loose I can wear two layers of socks. The overshoe is made of 2 mm neoprene, which provides a nice amount of insulation. In addition, I used some duck tape inside the shoe to give a bit of extra insulation to the bottom of the shoe.

(Posting title is from the poem Out of Water by Marie Ponsot.)

No comments: