Saturday, April 2, 2016

Through the land's scratch and scrabble

The photographs were taken in the north parts of Vaakkoi on March 19th.

This morning I walked for 2 1/2 hours, exploring the Soidinsuo swamp in Nuuksio. The parking place at Siikaranta was empty when I arrived, but when I left it was almost full. The marked trail was icy and slippery, so it was better to walk elsewhere. I forgot my map and compass at home, but still I found the way surprisingly well, even though it has been some time since I last visited Soidinsuo.

I visited seven lakes along the way: Porolampi, Kolperinlampi, Pitkä Saarijärvi, Ympyrkäinenlampi, Holma-Saarijärvi, Kukkoilampi and Kolmoislammit. I got a bit lost when going northeast from lake Kolperinlampi, but I found a new route, ending at lake Pitkä Saarijärvi. Ice covers the lakes, but it is rather weak ice, and there start to appear holes in the ice cover. Lots of birds made themselves heard.

(Posting title is from the poem The Blue by Camille T. Dungy.)

No comments: