Saturday, March 19, 2016

From the snow-remembering heart

The photographs were taken in Nuuksio, near Velskola, on February 24th.

My left-side leg, hip, arm and palm are somewhat sore from the fall yesterday. I was rather angry with myself for not taking enough care when riding the bicycle. I had slick summer tires, and didn't pay enough attention, and thus I didn't manage to avoid the icy patch on the road in a curve.

Today I went for a walk despite the soreness, starting at 7:30 AM at Vaakkoi. It was sunny and cold. On open swamps the wet snow had frozen under 1-2 cm of lightweight fresh snow. The snow carried a person walking, and I followed a chain of open swamps in the north parts of Vaakkoi, walking for almost 2 1/2 hours.

So far I have got only 7 hours of exercise this week, because of the broken old bicycle. But I'm thinking of exploring swamps also tomorrow.

(Posting title is from the poem Almond Blossom by D. H. Lawrence.)

No comments: