Sunday, March 27, 2016

Blue that I know you

The photographs were taken in the north parts of Sipoonkorpi National Park on March 12th.

Today I visited the south parts of Sipoonkorpi for the first time. The parking place at the Tasakalliontie road was empty when I arrived, but when I left there were six cars in addition to mine.

I explored the path going east from the parking place, and then I walked around the Kalkkiruukki Nature Trail. The path was icy, and it took some effort to climb the steepest hills, and in some places I left the path to explore the forest nearby. I didn't meet anyone on the trail. Maybe it was too early in the morning, or maybe people thought that the path was too slippery.

Today I walked for 2 1/2 hours. This week I have got 14 1/2 hours of exercise, five hours riding the bicycle and 9 1/2 hours walking.

Update: I noticed that there is a warning about the Kalkkiruukki Nature Trail:

Kalkkiruukki Nature Trail will be renovated over the next couple of years. Steps will be fixed, bridges will be built and the trail markings will be improved. Until then, do the trail only if you feel confident on walking on it. At places, the steep trail sections are slippery in moist weather, and some steps are missing.

Today the trail was slippery indeed, because of the ice, and the water on top of the ice.

(Posting title is from the poem Night Magic (Blue Jester) by Lorna Dee Cervantes.)

No comments: