Sunday, February 7, 2016

I wait a moment

The photographs were taken in Helsinki on January 12th and 13th.

Today it is wet and in the morning there was some fog, temperature was at +2 °C. Yesterday morning we had -8 °C, so the weather warmed up quite a bit.

Yesterday I walked in the north-west parts of Luukki. Today I walked in the north-east parts, going past lake Myllyjärvi towards north, walking through Ketunkorpi swamp, and returning via lake Hauklampi. Yesterday I wore the Alpina hiking boots, and got some evidence that they are waterproof, as there was water under the snow in some places. Today I used the Nokian rubber boots, which were good to have as there was quite a lot of water in ditches and swamps. I got 13 1/2 hours of exercise this week.

(Posting title is from the poem The Glass Essay by Anne Carson.)

No comments: