Saturday, January 23, 2016

To decorate some fir trees but not others

The photographs were taken at Vaakkoi on December 31st and January 1st.

This morning I walked for 2 hours 15 minutes at Myllyjärvi, south of Luukki. When I started the temperature was -6 °C, and when I returned, it was -2 °C, which is 25 degrees warmer than yesterday morning. Snow is starting to drop off trees, and soon the landscape won't look as white as it was during the cold period.

The new boots are being adapted to my feet. I'm experimenting what is the best way to tie the laces, and how tight I should tie them, as there is quite a lot of scope for fine-tuning.

I followed a horse trail for some time, and said hello to a horse and a rider. It was very quiet.

(Posting title is from the poem Sea Sickness by Ilya Kutik.)

No comments: