Monday, November 23, 2015

I have cleared this space for you, for you, for you

The photographs were taken on October 24th, north of lake Myllyjärvi, enjoying the autumn colors.

I commuted by bicycle today. There was a little bit of frost and ice on the road, but mostly the road surface was quite dry, and there wasn't much need for the studded winter tires.

In the front I have a Nokian Hakka SW240 studded tire, which has 240 studs, and in the back a Nokian Hakka A10 tire, which has only 72 studs. The SW240 tire has lasted a long time, but a Nokian Hakka W106 tire which I used in the back lasted only a short while before breaking apart. I hope A10 will be better, at least it seems that the studs are better positioned so that the tire may last longer when it will be mostly used on asphalt roads.

Tomorrow the weather will be colder, -7 °C in the morning.

I had a look at photographs taken in January, 2010, almost six years ago. I was quite surprised of the quality and content of the photographs, they felt better that those I’m taking right now. One reason may be that there was snow in the photographs, and I enjoy the snow season, it inspires me.

On the other hand, the camera I was using was the Panasonic LX3, which got me really interested into taking photographs, and I think the curiosity and interest in learning is visible in the photographs. It may be that I’m nowadays a bit too passive, a bit too jaded, and it shows in the photographs.

(Posting title is from the poem sweet reader, flanneled and tulled by Olena Kalytiak Davis.)

No comments: