Saturday, October 24, 2015

And watch your own heart go out like the red throbbing dot

On October 3rd I went to Velskola, and walked past lake Pitkäjärvi, circled around lake Kattilajärvi, and returned via lake Vääräjärvi. Autumn colors started to be in prominence.

Today I walked for 2 h 15 minutes at lake Myllyjärvi near Pirttimäki, exploring the nearby lakes and forests. It starts to be near the end of the autumn colors season.

Yesterday I wrote about the problems I'm having with the rear dial of the Panasonic LX100. When using the P mode, the rear dial can activate by itself and change the aperture and speed settings. Well, I realized today that there is an easy cure: switching to aperture priority mode. In fact, aperture priority has been my choice since I bought my first camera, the Minolta XG-1, and I have been using it with the LX3 and LX5. However, last spring I switched to P mode when I noticed that it works quite well on the LX100, making more or less the same choices I would normally be making when using aperture priority. Now the dark season is once again upon us, so it may be easiest to set the aperture ring to f/1.7 and keep it there.

(Posting title is from the poem The Green Flash by Derek Walcott.)

2 comments:

SHE said...

this back to back beauty astounds me.. oh! to see the autumn leaves like that! such perfectly calm water, those blue-ish/purple-ish skies.. and the trees communicating...

i speak nature pretty fluently,

but camera speak is as foreign to me as.. Finnish or Chinese

how lucky I can appreciate these photographs without needing to know what the heck you are talking about..

blessings!

Juha Haataja said...

Oh yes, It was a bitingly beautiful day when I took these photographs. The parking place at Velskola was full of cars, and people had backpacks and sleeping bags and mattresses. However, I only met half a dozen people during the walk, even though lake Kattilalampi is quite popular destination in the Nuuksio wilderness.