Friday, July 31, 2015

Window where the blue air bathes a mass of flowers

This morning I walked for 2 1/2 hours in Vaakkoi forests and swamps. I visited several lakes, and on three of them there were Gavia stellata; on the first one there were six birds, on the second three, and on the third three as well. Some of the young ones have learned to fly and look almost the same as adults, but some are still unable to fly, but they do dive.

The photographs were taken on July 16th.

(Posting title is from the poem The Seekers of Lice by Arthur Rimbaud, translated by Wallace Fowlie.)

3 comments:

SHE said...

endless beauty.. and I always anticipate getting a rare and artistic view of a lake, Forrest, swamp, flower, bird, insect.. sky, etc. -of so much I would not see on my own..

but when I read how many! Pictures you take..

it gives me such a confidence that when I visit this blog here.. There will always be something new to behold..

and you have inspired our family to visit Yosemite national park..

I believe nature deprevation is a real thing and.

-there is a cure!

blessings! .

SHE said...

-correction: it is coined: nature deficit disorder. -there is a book...

Juha Haataja said...

I wish you an inspiring visit to Yosemite!

Indeed, "nature deficit disorder" seems to exist, and there is quite a lot of research showing that spending time in nature, or living in an environment where there are trees and other things natural makes one healthier.