Monday, April 6, 2015

In which no word is ever repeated

I have got three hours of exercise today. During the night the temperature dropped to below zero. I went for a walk early in the morning, to benefit from snow frozen so that it carried a person. I explored east side of Vaakkoi forests and swamps, north of lake Tuhkuri. I visited three swamps: Kustaansuo, Soidensuo and Ringismossen, but none of them were really swamps any more, as they had been drained with ditches, and the peat swamps were turning into forests.

When I was returning, I met people with dogs, and they wished me good morning, but it felt like day, not morning.

The photographs were taken in Tremanskärr on March 22nd, when it felt like spring.

(Posting title is from the poem Spring Snow by William Matthews.)

No comments: