Monday, January 19, 2015

The fortunate thing about his camera

Sunny days have been so rare that I keep returning to the photographs taken on such days. These were taken in Meiko on January 6th.

On the other hand, it often turns out that photographs taken on clouded, rainy or otherwise not so pleasant days are the best. What is good for the photographer may not be good for the photographs. I have over 1,100 photographs waiting on the computer, and almost all were taken when it was not sunny.

I have taken over 13,000 photographs with the Panasonic LX100 so far, and I'm getting used to using it. Things are starting to become instinctive, which is as it should be. I have fine-tuned the settings, and I feel that I'm now rather close to the way the camera should operate.

(Posting title is from the poem Timothy O’Sullivan, Photographer by John Spaulding.)

2 comments:

Markus said...

A fine diagonal in #2, Juha! The winter mood is very present in your images. They work very well for me.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks! Fallen trees are good for composing photographs - normal trees are so boring. ;-)