Monday, January 5, 2015

A super realistic photo of what’s outside

Here are some more photographs taken in the dark, on January 2nd. Only later I realized that the third one might have worked as a 4K video, filming the water flowing over the damn. If people are watching fireplace videos, why not videos of flowing water.

I tried viewing a 4K recording captured with the LX100, but my iMac (7 1/2 years old) couldn't play the videos properly. Also, the iMac screen is rather small, only a quarter of the image fits on the screen if viewed at 1:1 resolution.

Soon I need to replace the computer. I had a look at the 4K iMac, but it is terribly expensive (for now), and I think 4K might need even more processing power that the current computers have.

(Posting title is from the poem Brand New Products by Linh Dinh.)

No comments: