Thursday, November 27, 2014

There is sometimes a walk afterward

These photographs were taken in Helsinki on Monday evening, walking by the seaside towards Uspenski Cathedral.

I had a look at the Flickr stats, and since November 1st there have been over 120,000 views of the photographs. I thought the number of views would go down as the interest in the LX100 peters off, but the opposite seems to be the case. Of my top 20 photographs at Flickr, ranked by the all-time view count, 14 were taken with the LX100.

I'm not yet quite used to the look of photographs taken with the LX100. And there are surprises, most of them rather positive. I have tweaked the settings a bit. In the beginning I used the silent mode, but now I'm using the normal shutter, with the sounds turned off and autofocus lamp off. The shutter sound is rather silent, and pleasant to hear. Also, I set the nr to -5 in the film mode, which means that there is a little bit of more noise visible in the high-ISO photographs, but less noise reduction artifacts. I like it better this way.

(Posting title is from the poem Arcade: The Search for a Sufficient Landscape by Bin Ramke.)

No comments: