Sunday, November 30, 2014

I mean the menagerie in the utmost dark

I didn't go for a walk today, even though the weather was fine, -2 °C. There was just too much things to do at home, and then shopping with the children. But yesterday I managed to go out walking twice, during afternoon and then in the evening after sunset.

These photographs were taken on November 23rd, in a place from which I took quite a few photographs with the LX3/LX5. After sunset it is so dark that I had to use a mini-tripod to take photographs with the LX3/LX5. In fact, it was so dark that I couldn't see the ducks that were floating on the pond. (Here you see a photograph taken at this same place a year ago with the LX5.)

But with the LX100 I took these photographs handheld. In the first photograph I used ISO 1600, and the exposure was 1/6 second. In the two other photographs I used ISO 800, and exposure was 0.4 second, and the OIS proved that it works well, as 3/4 of the photographs I took were reasonably free of camera shake.

The photographs don't really correspond with reality, as the human eye is not able to see in such a darkness. But I like these photographs anyway.

(Posting title is from the poem The Pond Museum by Brandon Shimoda.)

No comments: