Tuesday, September 2, 2014

You want a placid life, find another planet

Monday was a busy day.

On August 1st I walked in Nuuksio, along the Korpinkierros route, doing a bit of exploring (and eating of blueberries) on the side. It was a hot day, but there was some wind to give a little bit of cooling.

I'm currently without a camera, as I gave the LX5 to my daughter who is traveling with her school class. I haven't yet got any serious withdrawal symptoms, but a couple of times I have wished to have a camera with me. Well, I have my mobile phone, but the Nokia E7 doesn't really work as a camera.

A week ago I had a look at what kind of cameras there are on the market right now, but nothing really engaged my interest. The Panasonic GM1 with the 24-64 equiv. lens would be almost pocketable but doesn't do macro, the Sony RX100 III is rather expensive and has usability issues, and the Panasonic LX7 isn't a great deal better than the LX5.

But at least we live in interesting times.

(Posting title is from the poem Interesting Times by Mark Jarman.)

No comments: