Sunday, August 24, 2014

Unbelievable cleanliness allowed

Yesterday I walked for almost two hours in Sipoonkorpi National Park, in the swamps west of Viirilä. It has rained quite a lot, so the swamps are getting wet. There was a thunderstorm passing by during the walk, with heavy rain. The temperature dropped from +17 °C to +11 °C, and I got soaked.

This reminds me that I should apply a new water-repellent treatment to my old jacket, it gets wet too easily. And I should wash it also, it got quite dirty during the walk.

I have got over nine hours of exercise this week, which is good. Next week seems to be rainy, but I have got used to riding the bicycle while it rains.

The photographs were taken in Vaakkoi on July 29th.

(Posting title is from the poem Beauty and the Illiterate by Odysseus Elytis, translated by Olga Broumas.)

No comments: