Friday, August 15, 2014

These carved reliefs of a humble art

Today I got the axle nut for the bicycle, and it fits. I need still to do a test ride, but looks good.

Earlier this week I didn't get much exercise, as I had to commute by bus and car, because the bicycle was broken. But I got an ache in my leg muscles, as if I had done a lot of exercise. I wondered how this can be, until I realized that I have a standing desk at work. Some leg muscles were apparently underused during the summer, and now they got pressed back into service.

Yesterday I went for a walk in Petikko with my daughter, taking photographs of various plants. It felt good, and the headache went away.

The photograph was taken on July 24th in Oulu.

(Posting title is from the poem Mythistorema by George Seferis, translated by Edmund Keeley and Philip Sherrard.)

No comments: