Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I sing of dews, of rains, and piece by piece

I had today the annual vehicle inspection for my car, which is 14 years old. I had some worry that maybe expensive repairs would be needed, even though the car performed well during the 2100 kilometers I drove during the trip to Lapland and Norway.

But all was well, and the vehicle inspector even commented that the car model I have (Avensis) is reliable and as expected everything is okay.

In the photographs you see rapids in the river Rovvejohka, a.k.a. Rovijoki, which is by the road between Skibotn and Kilpisjärvi. The photographs were taken on July 18th, when we returning from Tromsø. The rapids are also known as Morsiushuntuputous, Bridal Veil Falls, and rather impressive they were, thanks to the rainy weather earlier this summer.

(Posting title is from the poem The Argument of his Book by Robert Herrick.)

No comments: