Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Here’s where the tree was long ago humbled

I walked today for 2 1/2 hours in Sipoonkorpi National Park, exploring the middle part of the area, starting from the parking place at Bakunkärr, walking southwest past Hyppjaskärr swamp to Yrjölä, and then north via Horskärr, and finally back to east passing Brytberget hill from the north side.

However, I was a bit lazy with the compass at this point, and got confused until I looked at the compass again and realized I was walking towards west instead of east. I got wet because of the rain, and temperature was between +11...+13 °C, but that wasn't a problem, it was nice being outside. I saw twice hazel hen (Tetrastes bonasia) with the young ones, which were quite capable of flying already.

The photographs were taken at Kytäjä by lake Kaksoslammi, where Gavia stellata has regularly been seen. Not when I was there, though.

(Posting title is from the poem He Who Loved Beauty by Alec Brock Stevenson.)

No comments: