Friday, May 23, 2014

There is a triple sight in blindness keen

I post this photograph here for the simple reason that Andreas Manessinger commented it on Flickr. The photograph was taken in the Sea Life aquarium in Helsinki on May 11th.

I commuted to work each day this week. Sometimes it happens that I get more and more tired towards the end of the week, but this week it was the opposite: I was feeling better and better when riding the bicycle.

Today I was the fastest I have ever been, even though I was obeying all the traffic signs and lights (even though some of them have been programmed really stupidly), and taking care when there were other people walking or riding the bicycle. During the winter the commute takes over 50 minutes, typically 55-60 minutes. Today it took 39 minutes in the morning ("downhill") and 41 minutes when returning home.

(Posting title is from the poem To Homer by John Keats.)

No comments: