Thursday, May 22, 2014

I walk the rainbow in the dark

The length of day is now 17 h 45 min here in Finland, and that is the main reason I haven't posted (or taken) night-time photographs in a while. But here is an exception, the photograph was taken in Vierumäki on May 8th.

I have commuted by bicycle every day this week, and it has been fine, even though we had rain yesterday. Today was warm, +25 °C, and for tomorrow the forecast promises +26 °C.

I have had interesting meetings this week, with people who have original ideas and appreciate discussion. Lack of sleep has bothered a bit, but luckily there are nights when I get 7-8 hours of sleep, and that helps a lot. Sleep is such an important thing which shouldn't be taken for granted.

I have over 1000 photographs waiting to be processed on the computer, but haven't had time to go through them. And then there is the fact that I really would like to take new photographs, but recently there hasn't been much possibility for that during the work week.

(Posting title is from a tribute by Frederick Seidel to Mu'allaqa by Imru'al-Qays.)

No comments: