Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Do you remember all the listening?

I'll be traveling on Thursday and Friday, so there will be a break in the postings here. Well, maybe I'll make a posting on Thursday morning.

I have been doing a lot of shopping with the daughters recently. Now that they are getting older I'm starting to understand how serious the matter of shopping for clothes is. Also, while spending time in the shops I have been wondering at the prices, for example how much a little black dress can cost. But the salespeople have been very understanding. I think some of them think that they might get repeat customers of us, and they may well be right.

These photographs were taken in Tapiola in Espoo on May 3rd. The green color of the fence is really rather remarkable, but maybe not quite as remarkable as shown here.

I have started using program (P) mode on the LX5 instead of aperture priority, and this meant that I had to re-generate my settings. Everything seemed to be ok, but then in some cases the colors of in the photographs differed from what I expected them to be. At first I thought there is something wrong with the color balance, but finally I realized that I was using the wrong film mode. Now I should have the right set of settings once again in the LX5.

(Posting title is from the poem Idem 1 by Michael Palmer.)

No comments: