Thursday, April 24, 2014

A way to light - to light

I have taken photographs using aperture priority mode even since I got my first camera, the Minolta XG-1 SLR. I used a couple of point-and-shoot cameras in between, but I returned to aperture priority when I bought the Panasonic LX3, and I continued with the same settings on the LX5.

When the click wheel got stuck on the LX5 I was unable to change aperture, which was stuck to the minimum setting, f/2.0 at the wide end of the lens. But I have been using the same custom settings nevertheless all this time, until today.

After the previous posting I decided to try out the P (program) mode on the LX5, and here you see a sample.

There is nothing special about the photographs, but I think the selections the LX5 made concerning aperture and shutter speed were rather good, so I think I'll continue trying out the P mode. However, I need to change some of the default settings, such as the film mode, to be able to get the results I want, escaping from the oversaturated colors which are the default.

(Posting title is from the poem Aperture by Nuar Alsadir.)

No comments: