Friday, April 11, 2014

A torment he practically begged for

These photographs were taken in the north parts of Meiko on March 24th.

I commuted by bicycle on five days this week. Early in the week it took 45 minutes to commute door-to-door, but later in the week I got more tired, and the commute took somewhat longer. In all I got eight hours of exercise.

I'm having one vacation day before Easter, and I'm thinking about a long walk. I have explored the nearby forests and swamps rather well already, but perhaps there is a corner somewhere not yet so well known. The weather seems to be warming up, and signs of spring are probably going to become more prominent during the next week. Spring is for me a favorite time for exploring forests and swamps - as good as summer, autumn and winter.

(Posting title is from the poem The Grand Miracle by Mary Karr.)

No comments: