Saturday, November 9, 2013

Let us drink and sport to-day

Here are photographs taken yesterday, on the way to Finnish National Opera building in Helsinki, to see a performance where my daughter and her classmates were singing and performing. (See here for some info, in Finnish.)

One of the children has had flu, with fever, since Wednesday, but luckily she was well enough to go see the performance. And I'm having flu symptoms as well, since the night between Thursday and Friday, when I woke up nose and throat all clogged up. I haven't had any fever, and the flu goes in waves. Yesterday morning I was all right, but around noon I got a headache and throat pain, which then let up during the afternoon. And now that seems to be returning back again.

I was planning to take long walks during the weekend, but that might not be such a good idea. Well, perhaps if I walk slowly.

(Posting title is from The Beggar’s Opera: Air IV-Cotillion by John Gay.)

No comments: