Thursday, October 3, 2013

For I am the keeper of the zoo

Here you see an eager little thing that is spending time in our garden, nosing the grass, looking for things to eat, and snuffling rather loudly when doing this.

I don't think it has good eyesight, and it doesn't know how to count. I and my three children had a look at it and talked aloud, and then it went hiding into the bushes. But when the two oldest daughters went inside, it came out and didn't seem to realize that I and the youngest daughter were watching quietly right beside.

On Wednesday I had seriously bad cramps in the big leg muscles. I was sitting in a seminar, and first I got cramps in the left feet, so painful that I almost shouted out loudly. And when that eased, the same happened with the right leg. And this happened again when I got back home, after commuting by bicycle.

I think I have been exercising a bit too much this week. First 4 1/2 hours of walking in forests and swamps, and then commuting by bicycle, 1 1/2 hours daily. Thus on Thursday I'm not using the bicycle but instead commuting by bus.

(Posting title is from the poem Wilderness by Carl Sandburg.)

No comments: