Thursday, September 5, 2013

On a trail not far from here

These photographs were taken in Nuuksio wilderness. I don't know why but I have been thinking about long walks recently. Not that I have much need for exercise, as I have ridden the bicycle for 128 km so far this week, and tomorrow I'm planning to ride 50 km, to Nuuksio and back.

One side-effect of losing over 10 kg of weight since the beginning of 2012 is that I'm having problems with my trousers. My waist size has shrunk by 10 cm, and most of my belts don't allow any more tightening without making new holes in them. And the problem is I tend to forget that I'm smaller than I used to be, so several times I have bought clothes one size too big. I should try them on before buying, but I don't like shopping.

(Posting title is from the poem Wobbly Rock by Lew Welch.)

No comments: