Saturday, September 7, 2013

I mix a little acid and a bit of honey

These photographs were taken in Nuuksio on September 1st. Signs of autumn are becoming common, partly because it has been dry, but the cold nights contribute also, even though we haven't had night frost yet.

I'm surprisingly tired after yesterday. Riding 50 km on the bicycle shouldn't be so tiring, so I think the reason is the steep uphill climb on the way home. I took it too fast, so there was plenty of lactic acid build up.

Update: I had a new look at the route I rode yesterday on bicycle, and indeed, the route from home to Haltia nature center is about 24 km, just as measured by the bicycle odometer. It seems that the map services (Google etc.) give different estimates which wary between 23 and 25 km.

And the hill which I though was the reason for getting tired wasn't so exceptional after all, below you see how the route looks like, the lowest point was 10 meters above sea level and the highest 67 meters, so this isn't anything like mountain riding, I'm just not used to climbing hills, that is all.


(Posting title is from the poem Technical Notes by James Laughlin.)

No comments: