Thursday, August 1, 2013

Notes from the lark I’ll borrow

I'm still posting photographs from the trip to Salla. I haven't taken many photographs since returning home, due to all kinds of busyness, so I hope you are not getting bored yet with pictures of Lapland.

Today I went to the tire shop to have the broken bolt fixed, and later today I'll look into what additional repairs should be done on the car. I think I should have it washed also, it got quite dirty during the trip.

I have read quite a lot of books during the summer, all kinds of books from light comics to rather serious novels. I must say that the library system we have in Finland and here in the Helsinki region works admirably.

Now there is a pilot phase of a self-service book reservation system, during which there is no fee for reserving an item from the library. Well, the fee was only 0.50 euro, but still, not having to pay for reserving something from the library is quite nice, as I'm a heavy user of the service. Since April, 2008, I have borrowed 2531 items from the library, most of them through reservations. Right now I have 39 items borrowed (the max is 40), and 20 reservations (the max is 30).

Update: I haven't written about new cameras for a long time, but the appearance of the Panasonic GX7 got me interested. Although, when I think of the size and weight, my LX5 feels still quite attractive.

(Posting title is from the poem Love's Good-Morrow by Thomas Heywood.)

No comments: