Saturday, August 17, 2013

I am a fellow rider in the cattle cars

Bill Birtch commented the above photograph on Flickr: "Should've taken the bicycle." Well, I thought so as well, but it was too late for second thoughts.

This week I commuted by bicycle on three days, and used the bus on two (very rainy) days, reading a book. Have to see how it goes next week. But I'm avoiding using the car for commuting as much as possible.

Today I had a walk at Tremanskärr, exploring the swamp. It has been some time since I was last there, and I had to look at the map twice to know where to go next. Even though it has been raining a lot recently, the swamp wasn't too wet, in fact it was remarkably dry in many places. I think it will take a lot more drain to restore the swamp to the wet condition.

In some places there were tasty blueberries for picking, mostly places on north side of hills, where the blueberries ripen slowly and which don't get as dry as elsewhere. Of mushrooms I didn't see many signs, I think it has been too dry for them to appear yet. Or maybe I just looked at the wrong places.

(Posting title is from the poem Movement Song by Audre Lorde.)

No comments: