Sunday, August 18, 2013

But I see the door, and knew the wall, and wanted the wood

I had a look at postings from year ago, to check how far advanced autumn was then. Maybe it was a bit further, but not much.

Anyway, I seemed to have more time (or energy) for taking photographs then. This autumn I haven't felt much urge in taking photographs, but it may be just a temporary lack of interest. I do like the photographs I took last year. Even though they aren't shouting "Look at me!", I did like looking at them. It is good, to have taken photographs that still feel true.

These photographs were taken at Nuuksio a week ago, walking with my daughter there. I like old buildings, seeing how they have aged, it makes one feel connected to the changes in the world.

(Posting title is from the poem The Door by Robert Creeley.)

No comments: