Saturday, June 22, 2013

The world as water-garden

Here are photographs taken last Sunday in the north parts of Nuuksio wilderness area, going to lake Hauklampi which I had never visited before. (There are other lakes with the same name, though.)

As I wrote in the previous posting, I had to try twice to find the lake, but the second try was successful, thanks to the sun which occasionally was visible and helped in orienteering. By the lake were some raw cloudberries. It started to rain in earnest, so I didn't spend much time there.

(Posting title is from the poem Waterlily Fire by Muriel Rukeyser.)

4 comments:

Markus said...

A wonderful mini story you have developed here, Juha. And whilst we certainly have had enough rain down here, I did enjoy the last pictures very much. Your photographed rain is different from the one I felt, I guess ;)

Juha Haataja said...

Markus, here we have had both sunshine and rain, in rather equal portions, so that it hasn't been hard to enjoy either of them. There have been warm days good for swimming, and cool and rainy days perfect for walking.

The summer seems to be about two weeks ahead of schedule, for example the first blueberries are already ripe, which usually happens in mid-July, not in June.

Markus said...

Our summer until now showed up mostly cold and very wet, with only very hot week in between Not the kind of summer I am used to, unfortunately.

Juha Haataja said...

Well, that doesn't sound anything like a summer to enjoy. Here the forecast promises a hot week ahead, up to 29 °C, which is quite high for Finland. But I hope this won't continue too long.