Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The almost infinitesimal trails of thought that flash and flash

I took these photographs on Sunday in Luukki, near lake Myllyjärvi, from where I walked northwest towards Revonkorpi. As you can see, snow had melted away, except in some shadowed spots where it still lingers, and may stay for some time.

On Sunday I walked for two hours, and on Monday three hours and 20 minutes. For Tuesday I'm planning yet another walk, in a place which I haven't much explored before. I'll take my compass and orienteering maps (several of them) and try not to get lost, at least not too much lost. The weather forecast promises rain for the night, but it should clear up by morning.

(Posting title is from the poem Zen Living by Dick Allen.)

2 comments:

Markus said...

Juha, that first image immediately spoke to me. Wonderful, how these traces of snow seem to carry for a short time the remembrance of the people that walked along this path.

Juha Haataja said...

Indeed, almost like Remembrance of Things Past; ice preserves the memory of steps, slowly fading away.