Saturday, March 9, 2013

Who claims we’re mere muscle and fluids?

Yesterday evening I realized that the muscles in my feet were rather tired, but why? I hadn't done any exercise on Friday, nor did I do much on Thursday.

But then I realized I had been standing for several hours, when working on the computer at the standing desk, and when discussing things with colleagues. There have been so many meetings recently that I have been sitting much more than usually, and Friday was different, and muscles had to strive a bit.

To compensate I walked today for three hours or so, first in the Nuuksio wilderness with my two oldest daughters, and then on the nearby roads and paths with my youngest daughter. It felt good, although I got rather tired afterwards.

Here are photographs from Thursday, I'm slowly catching up.

(Posting title is from the poem Reverie in Open Air by Rita Dove.)

No comments: