Friday, March 29, 2013

I had been living like someone

I took these photographs on Wednesday in Helsinki while commuting by car. I haven't commuted by bicycle for some time, because of the flu which still lingers. I hope to get back in condition next week, it would be great to be able to commute by bicycle once again. The roads are slippery because of ice, but I do have studded tires so that shouldn't be a big problem.

I have done 2 1/2 hours of walking so far this week, and today I plan to go for a long walk somewhere nice, perhaps Nuuksio or Luukki. It is sunny, and in daytime the temperature rises up to +3 °C, and at night we have -8...-10 °C. This means that snow and ice melt during the day, and during night we get frost and ice. And this seems to be the situation for the next five days as well.

(Posting title is from the poem Proportion Surviving by Renee Gladman.)

No comments: