Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's your distracted, lovelorn heart

Today I spent 2-3 hours outside walking with the children. We went to Luukki and walked around lake Halkojärvi, having picnic there on top of a rocky hill. There is a lot of snow on the ground, 70-80 cm, and in places up to a meter. The weather has warmed up once again, to + 0.5 °C today, and the wet snow was falling off tree branches.

We ate semla (in Finnish, laskiaispulla), a tradition here in Finland. The children like them very much of course.

It seems that falling of horses yesterday didn't cause any permanent damage, at least I hope so. I have some pain in my foot, it is a bit tense when rising up or starting to walk, but doesn't bother too much. And the children have a little bit of ache as well.

(Posting title is from the poem "For years my heart inquired of me" by Hafez, translated by Dick Davis.)

No comments: