Tuesday, January 1, 2013

When you sent me to the universe

I drove the car almost 1500 km in five days, in temperatures ranging from -18 °C to +4 °C, while it was snowing and raining. Traveling with children such a long distance was surprisingly pleasant, and I heard the question "Are we there yet?" only half a dozen times.

I took over 1000 photographs, and managed to corrupt a memory card, but fortunately the photographs (except for two) were salvageable with a disk recovery utility. I have gone through so far only the first photographs taken during the trip. Here is a collection of photographs from the first leg of the travel, between cities of Vantaa and Joensuu, which is about 450 km and took (with a break) about six hours.

(Posting title is from the poem At the Altar by Eleanor Ross Taylor.)

No comments: