Saturday, September 8, 2012

And summer’s green all girded up in sheaves

I went with the children to the movies today, to see Brave. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. The story is not very original, and much of the movie was rather calculated to raise emotional responses, but below all this was a sense of truth even if fairy-tale. And that is not bad at all.

Late, just before sunset, I went for a walk and took some photographs. Autumn is advancing, slowly but surely. We are having cold nights, and that will probably help with the leaf colors.

(Posting title is from Sonnet XII: "When I do count the clock that tells the time" by William Shakespeare.)

2 comments:

Cedric Canard said...

I saw that movie with my daughter (12) and like you, we were pleasantly surprised. It was beautifully done in terms of animation and the story and script was entertaining.

Juha Haataja said...

Cedric, the animation was indeed well done, and even 3D didn't cause me a headache as it did when I first went to a 3D movie with the glasses.

A mother-daughter story, but it also speaks to boys and men. There was a birthday party group just behind us, of 10-year old boys and their fathers, quite loud before the movie started, but not a peep during the movie.