Thursday, July 26, 2012

Packed like a box with the toys of childhood

Here is the second installment of photographs from the trip with the children. These photographs are from Kajaani, where we spent some time walking around, including a bit of play at the old castle at the river.

In addition to the Canon mirrorless camera announcement, of which I may write a bit also, a thing which I didn't have time to ponder about during travel (or even know about) was that Apple released a new OS version, Mountain Lion, a.k.a Mac OS X 10.8.

Yesterday I had a look at the multitude or reviews and upgrade instructions, and Mac OS X 10.8 looks good. But I need to confirm that I have a working backup, and I need to make a bootable installation disk just in case something goes wrong, so I'm not upgrading to Mountain Lion right away. The price of 16 euro is certainly modest enough for a new OS.

In any case, the Apple approach of gradually evolving iOS and Mac OS X together seems to be a good thing, although I'm not completely convinced about cloud integration. But having the same basic info (contacts etc.) on different devices is certainly a good starting point.

(Posting title is from the poem History by Babette Deutsch.)

No comments: