Saturday, July 7, 2012

On vectors which will spread out from a single point

Today the weather changed. It was clouded already in the morning, but rather warm still, and then it started to rain, first with a light drizzle once in a while, but this turned into almost a flood towards evening.

I went out riding the bicycle at noon, spending an hour and a half enjoying the scenery. I took some photographs also, but not many.

Not so good was that I managed to cut my foot in a roadside bush of Crataegus which had surprisingly hard thorns, making three long scratches which look as if I had been scratched in the foot by a large feline, as my daughter said.

Later I went out with my daughters, but that was interrupted by thunder and rain, which was a pity as it turned out that the first blueberries were ripe for picking. Delicious!

(Posting title is from the poem Ordinary Time by Tim Dlugos.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juha,

Very nice sets of pictures. Do you have to worry about running into bears when you pick blueberries?
In Ontario this can be a problem. The landscapes that you post look very much like they could have been taken only a few hundred kms north of Toronto.
Regards,
Errol

Juha Haataja said...

@Errol: I haven't ever seen a bear in nature, and they are very rare and extremely cautious here in southern Finland (a stray individual passing by looking for a place to live).

There are few cases of bear attacking humans in Finland; during the last 100 years there has been one case of a bear killing a man in Finland. But this doesn't mean that there aren't occasional headlines in newspapers about "killer" bears or wolves.