Monday, July 30, 2012

More animals than I can tell

Today I rode the bicycle for 22 km, and then we went swimming with the children to lake Myllyjärvi. Today there were only a couple of other people swimming, due to cooler weather.

One day when we were swimming at Myllyjärvi a guy told that one time he was swimming there he had seen a bear and two cubs at the opposite shore. I'm not quite sure whether I should trust this observation, but it is true that the lake is close to a wilderness area where few people go.

Afterwards I had a lot of chores to do at home, as I'm back to work tomorrow. It has been a nice summer, but now the weather seems to be turning cooler. This morning we had 24 °C, but during the day the temperature dropped to 19 °C. In fact, when we were swimming, the water was warmer than the air, probably 23 °C vs. 21 °C.

Here are some photographs taken today. The overcast weather was a nice change, resulting in better photographs than sunshine.

(Posting title is from the poem Teddy Bear by A. A. Milne.)

No comments: