Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It would blow with the wind

I commuted by bicycle today, and was a bit tired afterwards, but I'm starting to recover faster from the exercise.

Today my two oldest daughters were on a course learning how to make kites. The instructor was a "kite guru", and I must admit the results were impressive. My daughters had several kites with them, two of them ready for flying.

After dinner we went to a hill in Malminkartano to try the kites. Climbing up the hill was a bit exhausting, but it was good to be up on the hill, and the wind was about right for these kites. I haven't played with kites in ages, but the old skills came soon back, how to position the kite properly for flying, how to control the kite and so on.

The daughters had a fine time flying the kites, and the varying wind was just right to pose a bit of a challenge.

(Posting title is from the poem Wind on the Hill by A. A. Milne.)

No comments: