Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spontaneous as rain

Today I went for a walk in the Luukki forests. It was raining, and I didn't see anyone while walking, I guess the bad weather kept people mostly inside. And it wasn't so great, as the snow was wetted through, completely mushy, not carrying at all. And the forest floor was flooded, so one had to be careful, as sometimes there was was a deep pool of water under the snow.

Here is a sequence of photographs from the forest, mostly about the flooding which was the theme of the day.

I got a question from Francisco about my broken LX3. I'm thinking about shipping it to him so perhaps he could fix his broken LX3 with parts from mine.

This seems like a good idea, but I'm still debating. I guess the fact is I'm still fond of the LX3, even though it is broken. Taking 203,318 photographs with it made me quite attached to it.

On the other hand, I have the LX5, so what need do I have of the old broken LX3?

(Posting title is from the poem Father and Son by Delmore Schwartz.)

2 comments: