Saturday, April 7, 2012

Came to life, sat up, in great wonder looked about

Today I was feeling much better than yesterday, in fact so good that during afternoon I just had to go for a walk in the Tremanskärr forests, taking it slow and enjoying the spring day. The day was good, about +2 °C, half clouded with occasional sunny spells. A good day to be outside.

Mostly I stayed on the paths, as the snow wasn't always strong enough to carry a walking man, but when going around lake Kurkijärvi from the west side there weren't any tracks after the last snowfall. There I realized that one shouldn't walk too close to the lake, as it had flooded under the snow. I got my hiking boots wet, but luckily only on the outside.

(Posting title is from the poem Tale of the dead princess and the seven knights by A. Pushkin.)

No comments: