Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Signs of autumn

We are getting more and more signs of autumn, but I'm still waiting for the autumn leaf color to become prominent. Well, it takes some time to happen.

Yesterday the problem of Aperture not removing the deleted photographs from inside Aperture Library appeared again. The trick of first repairing the database and then deleting the rogue photographs using the Find command seems to work, but it is a pain to do such manual stuff. Well, at least I know what is going on when disk space starts to disappear.

Of course, one could just buy more disk, but I do like the deleted photographs to stay deleted. I shudder at the idea of having several terabytes worth of photographs. But that may happen some day.

3 comments:

Andreas said...

Are you still within the trial period or have you already bought Aperture? If not, I'd try Lightroom. It has a more open approach when it comes to storing images and I guess it won't misbehave IN THIS REGARD.

Exclaimer: I never used Lightroom and I am extrapolating from Photoshop's quality level. If I'd extrapolate from Flash/Flex, I'd easily come to the conclusion that Adobe software is to be avoided by all means :D

Juha Haataja said...

@Andreas: I bought Aperture, as the price (63 euro) was reasonable. I don't think you can get Lightroom for that price?

I have learned to cope with the problem of rogue files in Aperture. It is a nuisance but regular maitainance keeps it in control.

Otherwise, Aperture is a very nice program though in some respects limited compared to, e.g., Photoshop. But in other respects is it fine indeed, I'm liking it more and more.

Andreas said...

Hmm ... I see. I didn't realize how much cheaper Aperture really is. Tough question.