Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Roaring Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) - or so I hope

I forgot to include rasperry photographs to my previous posting which had the berry in the title. So here are two photographs of raspberries.

The new version of Mac OS X, 10.7, aka Lion, was released today in the App Store. This must have been the easiest and fastest major operating system update ever: download the update (and 24 euros is not a bad price!), start it up, wait a while (we went for a walk), and log in to the system. (I made an up-to-date backup in Time Machine before starting, of course.)

Everything worked as it used to work. Well, the system is still starting up: indexing the hard disk and making the first Time Machine backup, but I have been using it all the time. And dare I say this: the system feels more responsive than before.

Well, some things are ... different ... some would claim better ... but nothing disturbingly so. The Mail program has changed quite a lot in visual appearance, and that may take some time to get used to, but I already like some things there.

Of the upcoming iCloud service there isn't yet anything to report ... have to see in Autumn what that means for the user.

Anyway, so far so good. Knock on wood...

No comments: