Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trouble getting to the air

Air travel seems to always pose problems. At least the Icelandic ash went away just before my trip to Bristol, but other problems appeared.

I flew via Brussels, and it turned out that one hour is not really enough in between to catch the shuttle to Bristol. I managed it, but only just, running the last hundred meters. And there were passport control and security checkpoint in between as obstacles.

Returning, I had five minutes more in between, but there was the problem of not being able to check-in at Bristol for the flight from Brussels to Helsinki. However, there happened to be a strike at Helsinki airport, which caused the plane to be late. So, no hurry after all. I even managed to eat a first warm meal of the day at the Brussels airport. But I arrived in Helsinki well after midnight.

No comments: