Friday, October 29, 2010

Pockets of sunlight


Autumn, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Red, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Field, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Bright, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Uora commented yesterday: "I really enjoy following the seasons in Finland, but I am glad I do not live there :-) it really is dark!"

Maybe I should feel bad about presenting such a gloomy view of Finland to the world. But no, I think that having the dark season makes the bright time of the year that much brighter. Living somewhere with no real seasons would feel completely impossible to me.

However, it is not dark all the time here up north - there are sunny days, such as today, with little pockets of sunlight to enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I think that having the dark season makes the bright time of the year that much brighter."

There you go! And besides, I've started following your blog since I saw dpreview.com mentioned you in one of their blog posts and your autumn photostream has been awesome!

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks!