Thursday, September 30, 2010

Green stuff


Vine, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Greetings from Leuven! I decided to make a short posting despite the sporadic network connection. Above you see a bit older photograph, but it fits the following, which is off-topic (and work-related) but I hope you don't mind.

I'm involved in organizing a free event, Workshop on Green and Environmental Computing, taking place in Helsinki (Espoo), Finland, on October 27-28, 2010. If you are interested in green stuff, or ICT stuff, and especially things like “ICT carbon footprint”, have a look. Or tell someone who might be interested. The weather in Finland at the end of October is not something anyone would brag about, so it will be easy to focus on the workshop topic and forget other things.

3 comments:

stephanie clara said...

I used to live at Leuven... feeling some nostalgia now.
I know it's for work but nevertheless enjoy your stay.

stephanie

mohamad_rahmas said...

its wonderful actually if we really appreciate it=)

Juha Haataja said...

Leuven is a nice city - this time it was clouded, and little time for seeing the city, but I did manage to take a couple of photographs anyway.