Friday, September 3, 2010

Fighting the evil giants


Fireweed, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Field, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Last flowers, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Yesterday I posted a non-photography item about "citizens agains evil companies". Today I noticed a news item from USA, namely that Consumer Watchdog has targeted Google with a massive campaign, blaming Google for not protecting public's online privacy: "Consumer Watchdog’s InsideGoogle.com has taken its online privacy campaign to New York’s Times Square, where it has purchased a 540 sq. ft. Jumbotron digital advertisement promoting an animated video satirizing Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s attitude toward consumer privacy."

Well, that is really some campaigning. I don't know whether I like this or not.

Another thing I wrote about was advertisements in general. I don't like ads. And in fact, one of the reasons I don't like taking photographs in urban environments may be ads: you can't avoid them on the streets and inside public buildings. They are everywhere. Maybe this is one of the things why I like landscape and nature photography: no ads there.

No comments: